Start each morning at our bed and breakfast in Connecticut with the Inn’s complimentary full country breakfast, served individually in our candlelit dining rooms between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. For those early risers, coffee and tea are available in our upstairs coffee room.
After breakfast, start each day of your vacation or romantic weekend getaway in Connecticut exploring our River Valley. Picture-postcard seasons, superb dining, exceptional theater, and the relaxed pace of our small villages are only a few of the many reasons visitors travel to the Connecticut River Valley. The Riverwind Inn is nestled between Essex and Chester, in quiet, historic Deep River, central to the area’s many pleasures.
Upon returning to the Inn, afternoon snacks with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and bottled water are provided. Complimentary sherry is always available. Relax on our wraparound porch in one of our rockers, or sit under a canopy of mature trees in Adirondack chairs.
Evening brings exquisite dining with numerous cuisines from which to choose. A number of cafes are located in our small villages, and wonderful gourmet picnic fare is available for your enjoyment at any of the lovely spots along the river or in front of a fireplace at the Inn. Within five miles of the Inn are many renowned restaurants featuring extraordinary seafood, traditional New England fare, or exemplary continental cuisine.
We are happy to provide you with suggestions and will make every effort to procure advance reservations for you at the restaurant of your choice, if you so request. The Riverwind Inn will assist you with your plans in any way we can, so that your stay with us will be as idyllic as possible. We look forward to your visit exceeding your expectations.
PRESS COVERAGE AND REVIEWS
* 2008 Yankee Magazine Editors' Choice 2008 Travel Issue
* Featured in Country Inns, New York, Country Living, Country Decorating, Travel & Leisure, The Discerning Traveler, Greenwich Magazine, Connecticut Magazine, N.Y. Times, L.A. Times, Boston Globe, Hartford Courant, New Haven Register, N.Y. Newsday, and the best regional, national, and international bed & breakfast guides.
* Selected for inclusion in JOHANSENS “World’s Finest Recommended Hotels and Inns Guide”.
* Chosen repeatedly to represent Connecticut as a romantic getaway.
* Included as a featured chapter in “The Romance of Country Inns”
by Gail Greco.
* Editor’s Choice, Early American Life magazine.
* Designated a "Connecticut Romantic Hideway" by The Discerning Traveler.