The Riverwind Inn Bed & Breakfast is committed to accommodating the needs of all our guests, and we strive to provide visitors with the best accessible lodging experience as possible given that the home was built in the 1850s.
Our seven-room inn may not be accessible to all, and may present challenges in providing easy and independent handicapped accessibility. There are descriptions on our Rooms and Rates page on our website for each of our seven guest rooms at the inn. Please refer to this information when considering your stay at the Riverwind Inn Bed & Breakfast.
We have two guest rooms located on the first floor, Hearts & Flowers and Willow. Based on availability these rooms may be suitable for guests with some disabilities not requiring wheelchair access. The additional five guest rooms are all located on the second floor. There is no elevator in the inn. The steps can present difficulties for guests selecting accommodations on the second floor.
One common space for guests and two dining rooms, where breakfast is served, are on the first floor of the house.
We have identified and described accessible features and inaccessible features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs. Before booking a reservation, please note:
- The parking lot of the inn is crushed stone
- Four granite steps provide access to the main house
- From the back concrete paver terrace, we also have six steps to access the main house
- We do not have ramps to enter or exit the main house
- All bathrooms with tub/shower combination are equipped with grab bars
- A raised toilet seat with arms is provided upon request
- Guests with service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals
- We are happy to help you with your luggage