Riverwind Inn Bed & Breakfast Covid Policy
We welcome you to the Riverwind Inn Bed & Breakfast for a safe, relaxing and enjoyable stay. To maintain the personal safety of our guests, our staff and ourselves, we will, until further notice, implement the Covid Policy listed below. It is our belief that it is better to be overly cautious as there is no harm in taking these protective measures.
Regardless of how you may personally feel, please follow these requirements graciously, with appreciation for our business and home, our staff, the local population and those staffing these businesses and their families. Please treat one another with kindness, care and respect.
We’ll meet you at the front door,
Stacie & Mike
- As of March 31, 2022, we will no longer require guests to show proof that they are fully vaccinated.
- In accordance with CDC guidance and American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) Safe Stay guidelines and recommendations, guests who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear face masks while outside on the property. Indoor masking is optional for vaccinated guests at this time.
- The Riverwind Inn B&B has always set and maintained meticulous hygienic standards. Our guest reviews attest to this! We want to alleviate your fears and welcome you into our inn with the reassurance that we take your health and safety seriously. We want to ensure that your confidence in the inn is well deserved.
- The hotel and travel industry have developed guidelines called Stay Safe. To meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19, we will continue with the Stay Safe initiative in addition to current operational procedures as well as following Department of Health and CDC guidelines.
- We adhere to comprehensive cleaning and safety procedures intended to reduce the risk of Covid-19 exposure and transmission.
- Daily housekeeping service will be discontinued at this time for 2 night stays or less. This will minimize the staff’s need to access your room during your stay. You may place the trash bin outside of your room to signal that you want removal. Please notify the innkeeper if you need clean towels. They will be delivered to your room upon request only.
- If your stay is longer than 2 nights, we will refresh your room on the 3rd day and as needed if longer.
- As always, between stays, we will clean and disinfect rooms thoroughly!
- Disinfectant stations are located throughout the common areas.
- Housekeeping will continue to wipe down common area touchpoints such as doorknobs, light switches and stair rails several times per day with disinfectant wipes.
- Cleaning staff will continue to observe social distancing of wherever possible.
Check in/Check out policy
- Check-in is from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm only. The inn is staffed to check-in guests from3:00 pm -7:00 pm EDT only. We are very aware of the uncertainties of travel. However, we cannot accept check-ins after 7:00 pm unless you have a late airline arrival.
- Early check-ins are discouraged to allow us to properly clean rooms between guests but please call ahead to check.
- Beginning June 1, 2021, we will be taking deposits again.
- Payment will be taken by credit card transaction only at the time of your arrival.
- Check-out is by 11:00 am. Please leave your keys in the guest room when it is time to check out.
- At The Riverwind Inn Bed & Breakfast, we understand that situations arise that make cancellations unavoidable. Most stays are reserved far in advance making last minute cancellations difficult to fill. If your plans change after your reservation is confirmed, please contact us as soon as possible in advance of your stay. Please note that our cancellation policies are a vital part of managing a small, family owned and operated bed & breakfast.
- We hold a one night stay as a deposit when you book.
- If you cancel your reservation 14+ days prior to your scheduled arrival date, your deposit will be returned, less a $25.00 handling fee.
- If you cancel within 14 days, we will happily change your date or we will issue you a gift certificate in the amount of the deposit for a visit within 12 calendar months of your original reservation.
- If you cancel your reservation upon arrival at the Inn or choose to depart early, you are still responsible for your entire reservation and will be charged. If we are successful in re-booking your room you will not be charged for the nights the room is re-rented.
- No refunds are provided for late arrivals or early departures.
- And just a reminder, the Inn is for the use of Registered Guests Only. Non-registered guests are not permitted to use the common or guest rooms. This is for your safety and the safety of the other guests.
Coffee & Tea Service
- The coffee room is open! Our very own Riverwind Inn B&B roasted coffee plus water for tea will be available at 7:00 am each morning.
- The Keurig is available for self-service tea or coffee any time.
- Wine glasses, tumblers and coffee cups are in the coffee room.
- A basket with bottled water, wine opener, individually wrapped snacks and some other useful stuff will be placed in your room on your first day. If you are ordering take out, please ask for plates and utensils. Ice is available from the innkeeper until 7:30 pm – please ask. Remember, if you don’t ask, the answer is always no!